A couple of months ago I attended a recognized school in the city to witness the Conference Attention Deficit Disorder with hyperactivity (ADHD) taught by Dr. Javier a.. Ahumada Atondo. I want to share with you some points that most caught my attention and that can be useful. First we have nothing to learn to differentiate between a normal restless child of a restless child with ADHD are different and therefore need different attention. If we do not take into account the above, the remedy can be worse than the disease, since if the child is not an ADHD and we label it as such, insurance is it affected emotionally. On the other hand if the child has ADHD and letters are not taken in the subject to remedy the situation, waiting for the time to pass so that it matures, then we will be losing valuable time.
It can be that the child has an immaturity, but what is causing you this immaturity? No search that it matures, we must find solutions. Different types of ADHD distracted: usually with low academic performance. Hyperactive: Very restless, but with good academic performance. Distracted and hyperactive: is the worst of the three, very restless and with low academic performance. A correct evaluation and the appropriate intervals; with the collaboration of the comments made by parents, teachers and other persons in the care of the child; they are indispensable to make a precise diagnosis and based on these to produce a proper and efficient treatment plan. It is not labelled and nothing else. Requirements for diagnosing ADHD 1.
Most notorious symptoms of what is commonly observed in children. 2. Symptom onset before age seven. 3. You must produce interference social, school or behavioral characteristic of their age. 4. Symptoms in at least two rooms. 5. Symptoms are not explained by medical factors, anxiety or personality disorders. 6. Symptoms must be present for at least 6 months. According to statistics 30% of children with ADHD improve in adolescence, however, with the remaining 70% the thing is complicated because they are emotionally unstable. Some special considerations the ADHD accompanied by other problems, and this in turn develops more. It is important to rule out other factors that may be affecting performance in school such as: impaired vision, deficient auditory processing, sensory integration problems, problems of behaviour, depression, etc. While these problems can accompany ADHD, they can also be the main cause of the academic difficulties. Take the following case as an example: A child who has: insomnia, crying easily, irritability, moodiness, lack of attention, scholastic failure, insecurity and shyness. Their symptoms can easily be confused with the ADHD, however, a good diagnosis arrojo the following result: the dream of childhood disorder. Again I emphasize, a correct diagnosis, at the right time makes the difference between success and failure in the completion of a treatment plan.